|The next day||Budapest: 2018-04-30 12:45|
|Buenos Aires: 2018-04-30 07:45|
Praha: 2018-04-30 12:45
A new record after returning: 315 km in one run.
Had the first abroad visit too, departing from Jósvafő-Aggtelek-Krasznahorkaváralja on the 28th, then following the rideable road in Slovakia closest and next to the Hungarian border (from Csíz to Tajti, entering at Cered) up to a sunset slalom Kékes ride.
The quickest wisdoms of the current trip:
- apologies for the astronomy faux pas: the Jósvafő picture didn't depict a full moon, as the Moon officially had its fullest only this dawn at 1:55am
- the Kázsmárk-Krasznokvajda-Rakaca-Hidvégardó was a once in a lifetime route: I would not nag even a GS 1200 or an Africa Twin, not even a trial bike through those roads with triple sized potholes having razorblade edges and suspension killer extra features - especially not a street naked bikeSaying goes, once upon a time even a tank had its axle broken there.
- the roads parting long plain vastness and green high mountains - like between Torna and Tornanádaska or Rozsnyó and Tornalja - are beautiful; space and distance
- my subconscious intimate ingenuity again prophesied the capacity of the petrol tank: filled up completely on 27th in Szikszó, then after returning to Hungary on the 28th, the warning light fired up 6 km far from the closest and fitting the itinerary petrol station in Pétervására
- I'm absolutely supporting the warning signs in the Mátra for the bikers:It's not a race track!Mátra and many of the Hungarian mountain roads have bad reputation because of many accidents, especially bikers affected.Besides people in charge, please also put aStick to your own lane!signs for the car drivers.
As a car driver it makes me ill-tempered that I have to steer away because the incoming vehicles cannot choose the right speed and curve of the corner, and the car comes into my lane. Yet in such case only the painting would be scratched.Car drivers should be also warned: many of them likewise see the roads as a race track.Yet with a motorbike which completely obeys all the rules and drives safely, this can easily result in a flyover or a left leg amputation.
- by the way I swear to everything which is holy, I'm making efforts and I'm developing: I start to murmur under my moustache fewer and fewer times. For instance my eyes don't even blink anymore when men and women drivers change lanes without using the turning signal on the highway. Even more, hardly any sound is audible outside of my helmet, even keep back the hand gestures - when in defense of my own health with enervated apathy I avoid those situations caused by other drivers which could easily turn bad.
But if next time - happened only three times on this tour - someone takes me over so close, that I'm driving in the middle of my lane, and the right wheels of the other vehicle move into my lane, then - it's not kept there for the reason - the about 1.5 kg brake disc lock will fly into the vehicle's rear windshield from the tank bag at hand.
If the driver couldn't notice the bike or the distance, then will surely notice the exploding windshield. Even he or she did this maneuver deliberately or because of dumb daydreaming.Realistic outcome of sorting out the process, the mantra to be memorized:
- Did you die?
- Did you get injured?
- Then could you explain what is your exact problem, what do you want?
- one must drive in the middle of the lane: must not keep to the side of the road with a scooter or motorbike, since car drivers understand this as anI can easily pass next to it, just watch me!encouragement sign.
- the 35 litres waterproof rear bag is a real winner over the backpack; except the practices, I've never ridden a bike without a backpack.
- though, one must bear acrobatics skills to throw your leg over the seat between the tank and the bag, in the biker pants with knee and hip protectors and thermo insulation layer; without that it's easier, the move is 10/10 points.
- breaking down the 315 km: after this one, for the moment I wouldn't ride farther because of the minor and bad quality roads plus the serpentine mountain ascents and descents required more concentration and energy. But there's still backup reserves, using highways the distance can be extended; if that was the plan.